Lots of teens feel confused, Taylor, and about a whole range of different issues, Nicki. That’s essentially why we wrote the Your Self Series books – to help teens think more clearly and make better decisions. You can’t do that when you’re confused.
In this post, we cover Three Tips For Mental Health, although we have many posts to help you feel more successful understanding and managing your mental health world. In this section, we cover:
- Tip #1: Don’t take things personally
- A brief example to help you not take things personally
- Tip #2: Know your buttons
- Extra button example… if you want it
- Tip #3: Choose adaptive versus maladaptive responses
- Extra tips for overall better mental health
- Bonus YSS: The Self: a small quiz on why it matters…
- Bonus YSS: If you chose the first response
- Bonus YSS: If you chose the second response
- Bonus YSS: If you chose the third response
Awareness is the key to your mental health!!
Notice that all of the above topics require you to be more aware of what is happening inside and around you. Yep, we’re always plugging that awareness thing;)
Post question: What emotions are most common in your life?